Friday, February 13, 2009

Subtlety of Form

To Tracy
February 14th 2009


Darkness descends slowly swallowing day
Which dying, melts with petulant pretenses.
Street lamps flicker, throwing a yellow ray
On cracked pavement and rusty fences.
The swirl of wind lifts the dry, dead leaves,
And I sit alone, among the rubble,
Silent, still, waiting for her who perceives:
Blind to the damage, drawn to the trouble.
She rains down glistening shards of light;
Her contour finds the subtlety of shape,
Lying atop that black shroud of midnight.
I stand, pray, wait, hope; wondrous eyes agape.
The cast of her shadow deceptively seals

What her mercurial brightness reveals

1 comment:

Triple T said...

Did I read this before? Mercurial sounds familiar. Is this my Valentine's Day gift? Because if so, it's totally awesome. But I still want a real gift. :) I love you.

I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do any thing. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.
[info][add][mail]
Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967)

Writing gives you the illusion of control, and then you realize it's just an illusion, that people are going to bring their own stuff into it.
[info][add][mail]
David Sedaris
An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations.
[info][add][mail]
Charles de Montesquieu (1689 - 1755)